Everything is wet,
from my heart to her hips
to the streets outside
To the laugh we shared to the years we cried.
It’s all gone now
Somehow
Washed away
By a broken pipe spilling
Treats on the ground,
The love gushes down gutters
And I take off my socks
Stumble on rocks, stumble around
Just to feel the cold rush
As she covers the story
That doesn’t seem real
And we have no companions
No contract, no deal.
The shutters are closed
Around us as
we think and we feel
We (blank) and we steal
Kisses on lips that
others
Would have us not kiss
Apparently they have something against
happiness.
“Are you home?”
She asks
Without thinking a thought
About her home or mine
About the space that she’s bought,
To give us time,
Splendid sappy, solitary,
happy
No have or have-nots
But I’m just inside real when
I’m not in her eyes
(thoughts, thighs)
or words or
Mac n cheese sticks, bites, balls or brown deep fried fries.
I don’t write good
And I can’t shut up,
I thought
“There’s no place for me
‘Cause the treetop stopped”
But I want to feel her limbs,
Become her roots,
Travel to Seattle,
Eat me some eats and
sweet sweets,
mayhaps sweet sweet sweet fruits.
I want to fight for her honor
Talk shop and knock boots
Lap the lateral loop that
Never quite suits
But makes us laugh
And brings
happy
Backs to the words
(thought: walls)
that we use
When we talk about we
or Our home
Where it be
When we
Howdy
Ya’ll
In the
evening we see
that life can be lifted back out of abuse
or bamboo shoots
Decorating fields of frames
In shallow friend’s rooms.
Yeah, he writes in notebooks
And she’s pierced a few things
But can they judge us through
A few drinks
Or steel rings?
Nope.
We can cope
With the way that we are
When we have each other
Four shoes
And one car.
A compass, a map, GPS, the north star
All fell short when I stepped out
That ‘behind me now’ door
On my way Cross the country
To find me some her
From Atlanta, to D C
Back and forth
Bal-ti-more
And then out on the tracks that run still even now
Under moons, across highways
Found HAPPINESS here, home, Emily.
wow.
No comments:
Post a Comment