Wednesday, February 22, 2017

The Wilderness: Part 4 Reintegration

As I traveled, I noticed that every day was unique. I had exciting times and weird adventures that became the fodder for many a blog post, a new book that is forthcoming (sent to press this week), and more on the way. At one point, I did not think that I would ever have any reason to stop living like this. I would just wake up in the morning, do whatever I wanted (which was usually the craziest thing that I could think of) and I would never be bored or have cause for complaint, I'd be too busy.

What I did not realize was that everyone is doing this all of the time. I am not special. This is life. Now that my life has calmed down and the daily activities are less drastically weird, I can see that nothing has changed. I have the excitement of new love, the challenges of making the world better, and the internal struggle to be at peace with my decisions and situation. It is no different than when I was lost in New York. The wilderness is everywhere. It is in the bookstore. It is in Emily's eyes. It is in my heart. I still open my eyes every morning and am surprised to experience my surroundings. The world still throws me curve-balls and I can still realize that nothing is that big a deal. It's all the same. And it's all fun.

Have a great day, be careful out there. This game is dangerous in the funnest possible way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment