I don't hold anything against Trump. I don't hate Trump. I actually admire him. He has made good in the world that he lives in. In a country where success is measured in dollars, he is the winner. He has risen and conquered adversity and climbed to the highest seat in the land.
I say good for him. His achievement is breathtaking. He has played the game and won. There is nothing that anyone can say that stops that from being real. The American Dream is alive and well, and there are many people that want a piece of the pie. He will do many things that will simply be an extension of the ideals that put him where he is. Why is anyone surprised by this? It is simply the American Dream at work. It says that anyone can work for what they want, save their pennies, and have as much means and wealth and security as they want. There is no limit to what you can achieve in this country if you put your mind to it. Material gain and security through financial means are completely possible, and now we have a president that is the living embodiment of that. Take it all for yourself. Keep others from having it if it means you will have less. If that is the point, let's watch someone do it. Don't say anything if you think that this is okay.
So, congratulations, your dollar bill will continue to survive. You will continue to have a job. You can continue to work for whatever piece of the apple pie you think that you deserve. It may be harder to do this if you are the wrong color, gender, or political persuasion, but hey, the powerful empower their own.
I don't hate Trump. I don't want to destroy him. Trump is not the problem. The system that created him is the problem. The American Dream is the problem.
No comments:
Post a Comment