We went out to a legit pumpkin patch to get our pumpkins for carving this year. We are going to see GWAR on the 7th, and I'm kind of pissed about it because the same night, John Carpenter (yes, THAT John Carpenter) is playing a showcase of the music he wrote for his movies. Last night we went to see Night of the Living Dead, and when we got there, we were informed that we were, in fact, going to be viewing the only original intact 35mm print of the flick still around. It was awesome*.
That is pretty representative of our new home. I don't want to speak too soon, but I feel like I've been looking for a situation that feels like home for, well, maybe all my life, but definitly for the past year. After getting sober, traveling the country, starting a new regimen of creative output and spiritual growth, and redefining my standards for what happiness can be and how to achieve it, I really feel like my state of mind is affecting my environment. I can see life helping me out, just like the sages said it would.
Autumn is a real season here. There are leaves falling from the trees, swirling in the cool wind in the friskalating dusklight in front of houses decked out for Halloween AND boasting inclusive signage in the windows. There is real diversity and, to a certain degree, harmony here. There is something to do every night, and we have already started to explore a vast literary community that has lent itself to continued creation and evolution of our minds and spirits.
I just really feel like I've got a hold of the peace of mind I was looking for for so long. I figured out the point and also the things that are a priority to achieving that peace of mind. If you're wondering what it is, I'll give you a hint... it's the exact opposite of what I naturally want to put my efforts and thoughts into. And that goes for everything.
*Of course, one iconic scene from the flick, the one with the little girl ghoul looking into the camera, was totally missing. But hey, what are you going to do? The print has been picked at for 50 years.
No comments:
Post a Comment